Friday, January 22, 2010

Kalahari Birthday Celebration

We returned today after spending a lovely night at Kalahari Indoor Waterpark for my daughter's 13th birthday. Happy 13th Birthday to my wonderful daughter!

Amber and I both treated ourselves to unbelievably good ice cream at the little treat shop at Kalahari. I love the sign there about how the ice cream is made - "If you want nutrition, eat carrots."

It was great to just get away for a night and hang out as a family. Since we went in the middle of the week, it wasn't at all crowded so there no lines for any of the rides. We were even treated to a room upgrade! I was able to relax for the first time in weeks - perhaps it was because I got away from the piles of laundry I need to put away here!

My older two spent much of their time going from ride to ride and hanging out in the wave pool.Duncan doesn't enjoy the big rides but he does like the wave pool and the "frog jumper" pool.Duncan also really likes the "lazy river" ride. Kevin and Duncan lounged on the lazy river quite a few times.Other than a dip in the hot tub, I stayed out of the water and just enjoyed taking pictures and relaxing with a book by the rides.

Happy Birthday to my teenage daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment