Monday, November 15, 2010

Favorite Christmas Videos

We're definitely getting into the Christmas spirit early around here this year!  My teenage daughter has requested that this year we watch ALL of the classic Christmas videos.  I guess she is feeling nostalgic for her childhood.  Since I adore all things Christmas, I am happy to comply with her request.  We plan to work through a huge stack of Christmas videos over the next two months and I'm pretty excited about the thought of just hanging out with my kids and watching Christmas videos and movies! 

So, I dug out ALL of our VHS tapes and the very few DVDs we own that are Christmas-themed.  First of all, I decided that we have a LOT of VHS tapes!  I think I need to stop picking them up for 25 cents at library book sales! 

We have some classic Christmas videos - the ones I remember watching when I was a child before VCRs.  I would look forward to watching these every year, with commercials and all!

I also found some additional classics from my childhood on Netflix so they are at the top of our rental list.
As well, here are my favorite Christmas-themed movies.  Most of them are family-friendly while others are not quite so family-friendly.
I will also be watching It's A Wonderful Life - can you believe I've never seen it?  As well, my children are insisting that I watch Unaccompanied Minors with them this year.  They all loved that movie and I didn't watch it with them.

I have a small stack of VHS videos that are Christmas-themed that don't fall into "favorites" categories but I wanted to share them as well just in case anybody was looking for some Christmas-themed viewing ideas.
  • The Penguins Whacked-Out Holiday
  • 12 Dogs of Christmas
  • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, The Movie
  • Rugrats Christmas
  • The Nuttiest Nutcracker (my boys LOVE this one)
  • Christmas in Cartoontown
  • Prancer Returns
  • Santa Clause 2
  • Touched By An Angel Christmas Miracle
  • Miracle on 34th Street (1994)
  • Veggie Tales - The Toy That Saved Christmas
  • Veggie Tales - The Star of Christmas
  • Blues' Big Holiday
  • Rugrats The Santa Experience   
So, do you have any great Christmas movies or shorter videos to suggest?  What are your family's favorite Christmas-themed videos and movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment