Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bunny Cookies

My daughter and I had a delightful time making adorable bunny cookies. I was inspired by a very cute Wilton cookie cutter I purchased at Super Wal-Mart on my last visit. (For those of you wondering - I managed not to cry during my last shopping trip to Super Wal-Mart!) My daughter was thrilled about the idea 0f making and decorating cookies, so on Saturday we had a great time making them.

We actually made the cookie dough from scratch! It was funny, my daughter asked where the cookie dough was in the fridge. She was amazed when I told her we were really making it - we weren't using a pre-made tube from the store! She measured out all of the ingredients herself which she enjoyed. We did have a bit of trouble transferring the bunny cookies to the cookie sheet at first but then we discovered that we were just rolling the dough too thinly. Once the cookies were baked, they smelled delicious and looked so cute!

I have a lovely fishing tackle box full of my cake decorating supplies so we got that down out of the pantry and fished out the bags, couplers, and tips. We mixed four Eastery colors using paste food coloring.

Then, using the pictures on the front of the packaging that come with the cookie cutter as a guide, we decorated the cookies using a round tip to outline and make the eyes and nose and a star tip to fill in and make the tail. A had the sweet idea of adding a bit of edible sparkle to the tail to make the bunny tails sparkly.


I was amazed at how well the cookies turned out. They were cuter than I even expected. I could tell no difference between the cookies that I decorated and the ones that my daughter completed! She is quite skillful with the pastry bag!


The cookies really couldn't have been cuter!



My boys were playing in the living room during our cookie decorating. They were eager to try decorating their own cookie! We waited until we were down to 4 cookies and then called the boys in to decorate their own cookies that they could eat right away! The boys were cute piling on the icing and they were surprised by how difficult the pastry bag was to control. The boys were happiest eating their creations! Amber also decorated one for her and one for me just to eat right then.A and I were so proud of our bunny cookies and were so excited to show them to all of our guests on Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment