Monday, May 3, 2010

Grading Basket

I was reluctant to post this homeschooling tip because it is really so simple but I have been helped so many times by simple ideas that I have read on other women's blogs. I've often read a tip on a blog and thought, "Why didn't I think of that?" So, perhaps, this post will be helpful in that way to some of you!

Just this school year, I put together a Grading Basket for myself. Now, instead of going on a seek and find mission for all of the things I need to grade my children's work each day, I simply grab my grading basket and am ready to go.

What is in my grading basket?
  • Teacher's Manuals/Answer Keys
  • Highlighters
  • Pens
  • Reward Stickers
  • Post-It Notes in a few different sizes

Another advantage to keeping everything in one place is that I can quickly grab my grading basket and take it out to the back porch if the weather is nice. Or I can quickly put it in the trunk of the car if I will be grading while waiting for my children at swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment