Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Books and Movies from May

May was an unusual month for me. In some ways, it was extremely busy, and in other ways, I had more time than I usually do for books and movies. I took three trips this month: an overnight visit to Kalahari Waterpark Resort with my husband and the kidlets, a week-end trip to Hocking Hills with my husband, and a two night trip to Mammoth Cave, Kentucky with my husband and the kidlets. Getting ready to go on vacation, and finishing up our school year made for a busy month. But, once I was away, I had more time than usual for reading and watching movies.

I am continuing on with my local library's 50 Book Challenge and I have read over 30 books so far! I am very pleased with my progress as I am more than half-way to my goal at the mid-point in the challenge. Here is a list of the books that I read in May:

  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling (audiobook) *****
  • Kitchen Organization Tips and Secrets by Deniece Schofield ****
  • Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon ****
  • Mother's Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery) by Leslie Meier ***
  • Taming the Scotsman by Kinley MacGregor ***
  • From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris ****
  • Killer Mousse by Melinda Wells ****
  • Managers of Their Homes by Steven and Teri Maxwell ****

I also watched many movies in May. Many were watched on the treadmill but some were watched at the cabins, while folding laundry, and while cutting out components of next year's lapbooks! Here is a list of the movies that I watched in May with my personal ratings:

  • Rome Season 1 *****
  • Minority Report ****
  • Ever After ****
  • Live Free or Die Hard ***
  • Deception (2008 with Hugh Jackson) **
  • Meet the Fockers ***
  • There's Something About Mary ****
  • No Reservations ***
  • Rome Season 2 *****
  • Little Women ****
  • The Day the Earth Stood Still **
  • The Bourne Identity ****
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix ***
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings ***

No comments:

Post a Comment