Thursday, June 4, 2009

Top 10 Things I Love About Summer

While summer is not my favorite season (I'm an autumn girl), there are many things about summer that I absolutely love. Here is a list of 10 things, in no particular order, that I love about summer.

1. The fact that I can take my children out to lunch on a week-day and not have to answer questions about why my children are not in school. While I have only ever received positive responses to my children's announcement that, "We're homeschooled," I would still just prefer to have lunch without discussing the educational choices we have made for our family.

2. Fresh corn on the cob - yummy!

3. Sweet cherries - double yummy!

4. Watermelon - triple yummy!

5. I love having time to work on organizational projects around the house. I never have time to tackle big organizational projects during the busy school year.

6. My mom and dad are back from Naples, Florida during the summer. They are snowbirds and fly back North when the weather is warmer. I miss my folks when they are away.

7. I love getting to go away alone with my husband for a few days each summer.

8. Planning for the next school year.

9. Eating outside on our back patio.

10. The sounds of the birds first thing in the morning and the crickets last thing at night through our bedroom window.

No comments:

Post a Comment