Sunday, May 31, 2009

Surprise in the Closet


We just returned from a lovely trip to Mammoth Cave National Park. We had a wonderfully educational time and were thrilled to see part of the cave on our cave tour. Everyone that is except my youngest son who really didn't like the cave too much - he was scared for most of the tour. D was not the only one who had a bit of a fright on our vacation, though!

When we travel, whenever possible, I like to bring our own sheets for the bed in which my husband and I sleep. We enjoy flannel sheets all year round and it just makes us feel more comfortable to have our own sheets. So, I was changing the sheets to the flannel ones we had brought on our bed in the cabin. I folded the ones that were on the bed and opened the closet door to store them in there for our stay. When I opened the closet door, I screamed!

My whole family came running and then I burst into hysterical laughter when I recovered from my initial shock. The owner of the rental cabin must be an avid hunter because we had already discovered that we were not alone in the cabin.

We had the company of another boar...

a pheasant...


a ram...and, lastly, another surprise boar-like creature in the hallway closet. I'm not completely sure what preserved animal head was in the hallway closet, actually.We were certainly NOT alone in our cabin!

No comments:

Post a Comment