Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bowling Birthday Party for D!

My youngest just turned 8! He is still the cutest little boy in the world, though! He loves to go bowling so I thought a bowling party would be a particular treat for him. Last Saturday, our whole family and my parents (Nana and Pap) went bowling for D's birthday. Pap doesn't always attend birthday parties so it was wonderful to have him join us for the day. We had a great day!

Saturday was actually MY birthday (D's is the day before mine - our birthdays are back to back) so the kids put "40" below my name on the computerized bowling scorecard. I think just my name would have been fine, though. After the continued reminders from my kids on Saturday, I don't think I'll forget that I'm now 40 years old!

I took lots of pictures of the bowling fun and I'm sharing a few of them below.
The birthday boy looked so adorable jumping up and down and screaming with joy when he got a strike! D told me that he thought this birthday was the best one he had ever had.

Pap broke his hand earlier this summer so he wasn't able to bowl. It's a probably a good thing, though - I'm sure he would have won!Nana was still able to bowl, though. It was so great to see her having a good time!As part of the party, the birthday boy received a bowling pin that all of the party attendees signed. D was so happy to get his bowling pin! His big sister is signing his bowling pin for him in this picture.M and D LOVE to play the crane game. I rather wish that they would not play but they love to play. Very surprisingly, they often win! Cake! Cake! Cake! We had a SpongeBob vanilla ice cream cake from Dairy Queen to be exact. Yummers!

Happy birthday to my sweeting!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment