Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New Uses for 4" by 6" Photo Brag Books

I have been putting together my children's academic portfolios for our upcoming portfolio review with a certified teacher. I had lots of pictures of art projects from the past school year and I needed a way to include them in the 3 ring binders I use for their academic portfolios. I stumbled across little 4" by 6" photo brag books in the $1.00 section at Target and thought they would work well for my purpose but the front cover artwork wasn't appropriate. When I got home, I realized that I could just slide out the cover artwork, put the two pieces of cardstock front to front and attach my own cover.


Once the new cover was in place, I filled an album for each child with pictures of their artwork from the school year. Then, I put the little albums in the inside pocket of their portfolio binders. I was so happy with the results that I started to think of other new uses for these $1.00 brag books for our homeschool. Here are the ideas I have had so far:

  • We could make a Regions of the United States book with a small map of the state on one side of the double-page spread and a postcard from that state on the other side to review the regions of the United States that we have already covered.

  • These little, inexpensive brag books make perfect places to publish student writing. Final drafts of stories/poetry/short reports could be written and illustrated on 4" by 6" cardstock and then simply slid into the pockets for publication.

Photo brag books for $1.00 Works for Me! To find out what works for other bloggers, check out Works for Me Wednesday at We Are That Family at the following link: http://www.wearethatfamily.com/2009/05/wfmw-my-organizing-secret.html

No comments:

Post a Comment