Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Books and Movies from May

Since the end of June will mark the mid-point of the year, I should have read 25 books by that date in order to be on track for meeting the 50 Book Challenge again this year.  Right now, I've read a grand total of 21 books this year so I'm definitely on track to meet my goal. 

I read four books in May:
  • The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (5) (How did I ever go so long without reading this absolutely enchanting book?)
  • Lord of the Flies by William Golding (5) - Reading this book a second time was definitely a different experience than reading it in high school.  The book was definitely just as disquieting as I remember, though, if not more so.
  • Key of Valor by Nora Roberts (4)
  • College-Prep Homeschooling:  Your Complete Guide to Homeschooling Through High School by David P. Byers (3)
Movies/Documentaries I Watched in May
  • Birth of Civilization, National Geographic (4)
  • The 5 People You Meet in Heaven (5) - I didn't think my daughter and I would ever stop crying during this one. 
  • Egyptian Secrets of the Afterlife, National Geographic (3)
  • Boston Legal Season 5 (3)
  • Witness (5)
  • Defiance (4)
  • Shackleton's Antarctic Adventure (5)
  • The Young Victoria (5)
  • Couples Retreat (3)
My very favorite movie of the month was The Young Victoria.  The movie was a visual feast and an absolute treasure.  I highly recommend the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment