Friday, June 18, 2010

Week in Review - Extreme Adventure Week!

My three children and I were on an Extreme Adventure all week.  Where where we?  What did we do?  I'll provide some hints in the following pictures.

A memory verse for the week with treasure box crafts stacked in front.
Adorable preschool craft models hung on the wall for guidance for little hands and eyes.
A giant inflatable slide just waiting for eager children to climb and play.

Two middle schoolers with servant's hearts taking a quick slide for themselves between groups of younger children.

Three year olds waiting not-so-patiently for their turns in the Obstacle Course.

Quickly discarded little shoes from little feet eager to get to the inflatable bouncies to play.

The "writing on the wall" from the book of Daniel as seen through the eyes of three-year-olds.

A tree of thankfulness.

Crafts waiting for little hands to complete them.

My youngest son Duncan and his week's worth of great crafts to help remember the important points of each day.

Did you figure it out?  Do you know where we were and what we were doing on our Extreme Adventure?  I'm sure you've already guessed that we were at Vacation Bible Camp all week! 

Our church's theme this year was "Extreme Adventure:  The Search for God's Treasures."  I only have one child left who is still young enough to actually attend VBC (big sigh) but my two older children had just as much fun as youth volunteers. 

My older son was on the games committee so he spent the week helping with the games and the giant inflatables.  He had a wonderful time even though he was quite busy most of the day. 

My kind-hearted 13 year old daughter helped tremendously in the three-year-old class.  I was the lead teacher for 15 very excited, very sweet, very young children.  I specifically asked to not be given a leadership position in VBC this year.  I just wanted to show up and do something not-too-hard.  I didn't want to be in charge of anything or anybody but I guess God had other plans for me! 

On the first day, I found that the lead teacher for the 3s was sick and I took her place for the week.  It was a great week but I now remember clearly why I was always so tired when my children were younger!  I definitely could not have handled them without my daughter's help!

That was our Week in Review!  Two weeks of our summer break have escaped us already - two very busy weeks.  I'm looking forward to a more normal routine next week and some quiet days.  We do have some exciting things planned for next week:

  • Amber and I are attending the special midnight premiere of Eclipse.  We'll be watching Twilight, New Moon, and then Eclipse at the movie theatre.  We are both SO excited.  I've never been to a midnight showing before!

  • My good friend and I are attending a local homeschool convention.  I can't wait to hear all of the inspiring and educational seminars that I have chosen.

  • We're meeting friends at the zoo for a day of fellowship and fun.

  • We also plan to see Toy Story 3.

  • And, of course, lots and lots of swim team practice.
Hmmm, maybe next week won't have many quiet moments!  If you want to see what other homeschoolers were doing this week, check out the Weekly Wrap-Up at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

No comments:

Post a Comment