Monday, October 31, 2011

Celebrating Thankfulness - #141-160


The definite highlight of last week was going out with my daughter on Friday for a movie, dinner, and shopping.  Amber has swim team practice every night and week-ends are almost always busy.  Practice was held early Friday morning instead of Friday evening, so we took the opportunity to have a fun late afternoon/evening out together.  We went to see "In Time," ate at Panera, and shopped all evening at Kohl's.  We had such a wonderful time!  We talked and laughed and just enjoyed each other's company.  I kept thinking the whole time how grateful I am that my daughter and I are still so close when she's almost 15.


141.  I am so thankful for my teenage daughter and our close relationship.  I can't even think about her leaving for college without starting to get misty-eyed.


142.  Hot showers on cold mornings.  Every morning I feel blessed to have the luxury of very hot, running water... and I try to never forget that it is indeed a luxury.    














143.  Movie theater popcorn.
144.  Even though I sometimes wish that we had a wood-burning fireplace, I am very grateful for our gas fireplace that we can just turn on.

145.  I am so thankful for our dog, Hershey.  She is always willing to jump in the car to take our daughter to very-early-morning swim team practice and she is almost always right by my side when we are at home.  She's usually napping, but she's there!

146.  I am so grateful that, so far, my mother's congestive heart failure is able to be managed with medication and attention to her diet.

147.  The new caramel sundae at Burger King.  I was so disappointed when McDonald's stopped serving caramel sundaes quite a while back...and now they're at Burger King!

148.  The stores are starting to put out Christmas decorations!  

149.  My large-capacity gas-powered clothes dryer.

150.  My large-capacity electric powered clothes washer.

151.  Wireless internet service in our home.
152.  I am thankful for my middle son's interest in playing the electric guitar and the fact that he learned to play "Joy to the World" just for me.

153.  A new cake-pop maker that I purchased on the delightful shopping trip with my daughter.  I can't wait to make cake pops for Christmas.


154.  My reading glasses - even though they make me feel a little old.


155.  Longaberger baskets - even though my husband and I don't buy them anymore, I treasure the ones we purchased in the early years of our marriage and I love the way they look in our home.


156.  Yummy, yummy pumpkin caramel latte scented soap from Bath and Body Works.


157.  My very pretty planning pages from Mom's Toolbelt.  I love organizing my customized planner with the pretty pages from this subscription website.


158.  Singing Christmas carols at church...soon.


159.  Highlighters.


160.  Post-it notes.  What did I ever do without them?


To read more lists of thankfulness, visit the lovely blog, A Holy Experience, for Multitudes on Monday.  


Thank you to digitalart at Free Digital Photos for the picture of the popcorn and movie ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment