Monday, August 2, 2010

Books and Movies from July

July was definitely a movie theater month for me!  I saw not one, not two, but THREE movies on the big screen this month.  We spent several days at Purdue University for the Speedo Champions Series Section 3 where my daughter competed.  We had some down-time when we didn't need to be at the pool so we used that opportunity to see two movies, Despicable Me and The Sorcerer's Apprentice.  We enjoyed both of them very much.  Last week, my daughter and I went to see Inception.  Great movie, great special effects - I'm looking forward to seeing it again on DVD with subtitles (I found some of the dialogue difficult to understand). 

Movies from July
  • Michael (John Travolta as an angel) ****
  • True Blood Season 2 ****
  • Valentine's Day ****
  • Miss Potter ****
  • The Nanny Diaries ****
  • The Closer Season 5 ****
  • Despicable Me ***
  • The Sorcerer's Apprentice ****
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (again) *****
  • Inception  ****
While I'm not able to cross any books off my classics list, I did read several very entertaining books this month and had the delight of listening to the first book in the Harry Potter series again with my daughter.  Right now, I have completed 32 books towards my local library's 50 Book Challenge this year. 
 
Books from July
  • Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris ****
  • Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris ****
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling (audio) *****
  • Touch of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning ****
  • Nefertiti by Michelle Moran ****
So, did you see any great movies in July?  Did you read any fabulous books?

No comments:

Post a Comment