Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekly Menu Plan

I hit a new low last week in terms of my homemade meals in the kitchen duty. We were having a busy school day. We still had work we needed to get done. And, as usual, we were on a time schedule because my children had swim team in the evening. So, I didn't want to spend much time on lunch. I told the kids we would have a quick lunch of mac & cheese and hot dogs. The bummer part was that I only had one hot dog bun that was completely crushed and one box of mac & cheese. My sweet daughter pointed out to me that lunch was kind of disappointing. I admitted that it was quite disappointing.


But, this weekend, I have made great strides in the kitchen! I even have a meal plan for the week! And, I even have some meals in the freezer! And, my wonderful husband went to Aldi! Now, I just have to motivate myself to go to Super Walmart sometime soon.


Saturday - Chili for lunch and Ham and Cheese Quiche for dinner

I made a double batch so I have chili in the freezer!


We ate one and I put one in the freezer. I used the ham cubes which were left from the ham we had for Christmas.


  • Sunday - Baby Back Barbecued Spareribs in the Crockpot, Cheesy Potatoes, and Baked Beans. The ribs were incredible. I almost took a picture of the pile of bones that were left after my family finished devouring them. This was the first time I made the recipe and I will definitely make them again. I put the spice rub on the ribs the night before and I think that helped to make the ribs even more flavorful.
  • Monday - Taco bar for early lunch, Ham and bean soup (I have this all prepared in the crockpot. I just need to get it out of the fridge and turn on the crockpot in the morning. I'm using the bone from our Christmas ham.)

  • Tuesday - Chicken Tetrazzini

  • Wednesday - Manwich, chicken nuggets, and fries

  • Thursday - Homestyle chicken and noodles in the crockpot

  • Friday - Broccoli cheddar casserole and frozen pizza

  • Saturday - Steaks, baked potatoes, salad

Lastly, I made a tray of these yummy treats over the weekend. Note that I couldn't even get a picture of a full tray of treats before somebody snagged some!


These are super quick to make and are so yummy! One of my daughter's friends brought these to swim team over the summer and she was kind enough to give me the recipe.


Cheerio Bars


2/3 cup Karo syrup


1 cup brown sugar


1 cup peanut butter


6 1/2 cup Cheerios toasted cereal (I used the Aldi brand.)


1. Mix Karo syrup and brown sugar together in heavy pan and cook until it bubbles. I used a medium-high heat and stirred constantly.


2. Take off heat and add peanut butter and stir well. Add Cheerios and stir well.


3. Put in buttered 9 x 13 pan and press down really hard so they won't fall apart when you cut them. You can put them in the fridge to harden quickly or just let them sit on the counter to cool and harden.

No comments:

Post a Comment