Sunday, February 28, 2010

Homestyle Chicken and Noodles Recipe

I recently had a request from a reader for the Homestyle Chicken and Noodles recipe that I have listed on several weekly menu plans. This recipe is taken from one of the cookbooks that I adore - "Super-Fast Slow Cooking" from Gooseberry Patch.

This is a great recipe to throw in the crockpot in the morning - it really only takes a few minutes. I don't thaw the chicken before I put it in the crockpot - I just put frozen boneless chicken breasts right in. I usually double the recipe and use my largest crockpot.

Homestyle Chicken and Noodles

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste
2 cans cream of chicken soup (10 3/4 oz. each)
14 1/2 oz. can chicken broth
16 ounce package wide egg noodles, cooked

Place chicken in slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with both cans of soup. Cover and cook on low setting for 6 hours (or high setting for 4 hours), or until chicken falls apart. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred.

Return chicken to slow cooker; add broth and cooked noodles. Mix well. Cover and cook on low setting for an additional 30 minutes, or until heated through. Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment