Sunday, January 9, 2011

Celebrating Thankfulness - #21-40


Last Friday, I went to my annual mammogram appointment.  When I got in our minivan and started to back out of our garage, I found myself wondering, "When was the last time I left the house this week?"  I knew I took my daughter to the doctor on Monday and I picked my two older children up from our church's youth group meeting on Wednesday evening.  In the past I've been out quite a bit more in the evening picking my two older children up from swim team but, with changing swim teams, we have a much earlier practice schedule closer to our home so my husband takes them and picks them up now.  So, I realized, I had only left my house twice during the week - and I didn't mind at all.  I am completely content to be at home.

Now, I do enjoy going places and doing things, but I enjoy being home even more.  I never feel the need to just get out of my house.  I feel most comfortable and most at ease when I am home, I am content.  For contentment at home, I am extremely grateful.


21.  Being content at home.
22.  The worship band at church.
23.  Singing songs of praise to God.
24.  The Bible.
25.  Bible reading plans readily available online - I like Heartlight's plans.
26.  Decaf coffee, donuts, and cookies in the foyer at church every Sunday.
27.  My teenage daughter requested a new bible for her birthday to replace her little girl version.
28.  Teaching Sunday School again.
29.  Our lead pastor who is a gifted speaker with a knack for telling stories that illuminate his sermons.
30.  Friends at church.
31.  Shaking hands with our campus pastor whenever I leave church on Sundays.
32.  Flannel nightgowns and pajamas - even in the summer.
33.  Electric heating pads used to warm up my side of the bed before I get in it.  (My husband goes to bed much earlier than me due to his work schedule).
34.  Cotton socks for cold feet.
35.  Crock pots.
36.  Bread machines.
37.  Belgian waffle makers.
38.  Teflon coated pans.
39.  The bird feeder outside our kitchen window and the lovely birds that come to visit every day.
40.  My digital camera.

To learn more about the Gratitude Community, visit A Holy Experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment