Saturday, May 8, 2010

Week in Review - A Normal Week and a Nature Hike

This past week was quite normal and quiet. I can feel the winding down all around me as the children move closer to finishing in all of their various curriculum materials. I can also feel the winding up as my mind turns more and more to planning. This past week I spent quite a chunk of time planning out our school year in terms of start/end dates and vacation times.

The highlight of our week was a lovely morning hike at a Conservation Area about 15 minutes from our home. All three of my children and I delighted in the time we spent outdoors and the beauty of nature. For the first time in weeks, I truly felt relaxed and refreshed after our hike. With a smaller work-load for all of my children as the year winds down, I am hoping to take several more morning hikes in the weeks ahead.

We made quite a bit of forward progress in our United States study this week as well. My goal is to finish our two year study by the end of the school year. I am feeling more and more hopeful that we will reach our goal! This week we studied Idaho and Montana, as we move into the Rocky Mountain States.

Our art lesson this week was about drawing a parade. The project took much longer than I expected and we simply ran out of time and weren't able to finish the lesson. So, we will be finishing up next week.

The week-end will be a busy one for us. All three of my children are competing in a swim meet on Saturday so we will be spending the whole day at a pool. My boys swim in the morning session and my daughter swims in the afternoon session so we will definitely be at the pool all day. I am super excited, though, as tomorrow will be my youngest child's very first swim meet. He is excited and nervous, too.

That was our Week in Review! If you would like to read about what other homeschoolers were doing this past week, check out the Weekly Wrap-Up at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

No comments:

Post a Comment