Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Bibliophile's Shangri-La

I love books - what homeschooling mom doesn't? AND, I absolutely love my local library's monthly book sale. Truly, few things make me as happy as going to the book sale, looking through the mountains of well-organized books, and leaving with unbelievable deals. I don't always get to go as the sale is held on one Saturday morning a month and I often have a swim meet to attend for my daughter. I didn't get to go last month but I did get to attend this month!!!
The book sale is staffed and organized by the Friends of the Library group and all of the profits go to support the library. The ladies are very sweet and I am always amazed at how neat and tidy they keep the books at the sale. The books are organized quite well which is so helpful as the book sale is quite popular and I can hit my favorite areas first before taking time to browse more carefully.

Did I mention that the deals are unbelievable? Just look at what I purchased for $16.10! While I always leave the book sale happy and full of excitement over my new stash of books, this month's deals were above and beyond any that I have found before. I purchased:

12 children's books

3 coloring books

37 novels

one educational video about Ohio

5 Harcourt Brace Janovich readers for grades 2 and 3 in new condition

17 Great Illustrated Classics novels in excellent condition.

ALL for $16.10!!!!!

So, my advice would be to check to see if your local library holds any book sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment