Friday, February 13, 2009

Curriculum for My Fourth Grader

Continuing my previous post about the curriculum that I use for our homeschool, today I'll focus on what I use with my fourth grade son. First of all, you have to know that he is very creative, very artsy, and VERY hands-on so I do try to accommodate his artistic leanings. There is always a huge puzzle on a table in the living room that he can work on, bins of Legos, and his own Sculpey III area.

Currently M is working with the following curriculum:

Teaching Textbooks 5

Growing With Grammar 3

Happy Scribe Copybooks for handwriting (he just started cursive writing)

FOCUS Reading Comprehension workbooks Level C

Books of his choice to read BUT I just ordered a used McGraw Hill 4th grade reader from Amazon to try to broaden his choice of reading material. I will be assigning readings from the reader for the remainder of the year.

Sequential Spelling

English from the Roots Up

A Trail Guide to U. S. Geography

Physical Education - karate class 2 times a week, recreational swim team Jan. - March and over the summer

Unit Studies for Science, History, and Literature (currently we are finishing a short unit on Lizards and starting a unit on Cinderella Stories around the World/Fractured Fairy Tales).

No comments:

Post a Comment