Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ten Books I Plan to Read for Christmas

I love to read and I love Christmas.  Therefore, I was so excited when I came up with the idea last Christmas season to read as many Christmas-themed novels as I could during the months of November and December. My very favorite Christmas-themed novel from last season was An Amish Christmas by Cynthia Keller.  I've been collecting Christmas-themed novels throughout the year and putting them in a big, pink shoe box.  Here is a peek at 10 of the books from the shoe box.

1.  Baby, It's Cold Outside by Susan May Warren

I just bought this book based on a positive review from Kris at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

2.  Grace by Shelley Shepard Gray

I stumbled across this book when I was purchasing the book above and found a new copy at a reduced price.

3.  Candy Cane Murder by Joanne Fluke, Laura Levine, and Leslie Meier

I adore cozy mysteries and Joanne Fluke and Leslie Meier are two of my favorite cozy mystery authors.  I am sure I will enjoy the short holiday stories by both of my favorite authors and am looking forward to reading one by a new-to-me author, Laura Levine.

4.  An Amish Christmas by Patricia Davids

I snagged this one from PaperBackSwap based on the lovely cover image, the title, and the positive reviews.  When my teenage daughter opened the package, she remarked, "Oh, this one will have a happy ending."  Yes, that was just what I was thinking!

5.  The Diva Cooks a Goose by Krista Davis

I've read one book in this series and will be skipping over two books in order to read this Christmas-themed cozy mystery.  I prefer reading books in series order but I know I enjoy this series.

6.  A Christmas Journey and A Christmas Visitor by Anne Perry

Anne Perry has written a lot of Christmas-themed novels and this novel includes her first two in her Christmas series.  I have never read anything by Anne Perry before so I hope I enjoy these books.

7.  The Christmas Knight by Michele Sinclair

I adore Scottish Highlander romances so a Christmas-themed Scottish Highlander romance is perfect for me!

8. Highlander for the Holidays by Janet Chapman

I've read all of the books in Janet Chapman's Highlander series and am looking forward to her newest book - a Christmas-themed Highlander romance.

9.  All I Want for Christmas Is You by Lisa Mondello

I love reading books on my Kindle and this Christmas-themed romance is free right now.

10.  A Lancaster County Christmas by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Suzanne Woods Fisher is a new author for me but this book came highly recommended on Amazon and it seemed like a book I would enjoy so I added it to my Christmas reading list.

So, do you have any great Christmas-themed books to recommend?  I would LOVE to hear your suggestions!


For more Top 10 lists on a wide variety of topics, visit Top 10 Tuesday at Oh Amanda.




No comments:

Post a Comment