Monday, October 24, 2011

Celebrating Thankfulness - #121-140


At this time of year I'm so thankful for autumn - my VERY favorite season.  I love everything about autumn and look forward to the season all year.  When we lived in Phoenix for 3 years, I missed the changing seasons so much, I absolutely ached for the crisp days and changing leaves of autumn.  Since we moved back to Ohio almost 15 years ago, I've never failed to appreciate the beauty of the seasons, particularly autumn.
121.  The fabulous colors of the changing leaves that greet me every time I leave my house.
122.  Cooler temperatures and the crispness in the air that means fall is here.
123.  The anticipation that fall brings for the wonderful holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
124.  Hot soup on a cold day made in the crock-pot.
125.  Honeycrisp apples.
126.  Finding glitter in completely random places a full week after my daughter wore her glitter-fairy dress to a Homecoming dance.
127.  My Kindle - I'm loving it more every day.  I didn't think I would like reading books on an e-reader...but I really do!
128.  The 1/4 cow in our freezer.
129.  Generic Allegra for my seasonal allergies.
130.  Wearing sweatshirts again - they are much friendlier to my chubby body and they always make me feel like I'm being hugged all day.
131.  Target - the only store I that I actually enjoy.
132.  My mother-in-law moved in 2 doors down from our house.  It's wonderful to have her so close to us.
133.  My new Scrabble Onyx Edition that my husband surprised me with...for no reason at all.  I've wanted one for years, ever since I saw my best friend's copy of the game.  I adore the black tiles!
134.  My 10 year old son loves to play Scrabble and is a REALLY good player.
135.  Malley's Chocolates.
136.  My daughter singing hymns with the residents of the assisted living center and commenting to me that the old hymns are better.
137.  Singing and learning the old hymns with my boys in their Bible classes this year.
138.  Pumpkin chocolate chip bread from Great Harvest Bread.
139.  Cheap medium-point Paper Mate blue pens.  They're my favorite pens...and they're cheap.
140.  Wearing flannel pajama pants all day long.

Visit Multitudes on Mondays at Ann's utterly beautiful blog, A Holy Experience, to read many more thankfulness lists from bloggers.

Thank you to Ben Wilson at Free Digital Photos for the lovely picture of autumnal leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment