Friday, March 11, 2011

What's Going On in My Reading Life?

Once again this year I'm participating in my local library's 50 Book Challenge.  I finished the challenge in 2009 with a total of 68 books and in 2010 with a total of 56 books.  

This year, in addition to participating in my local library's 50 Book Challenge, I'm also participating in  Booking It at LifeasMOM.  While I didn't read the February book, Mansfield Park by Jane Austen, I did write a review of the January selection, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. 
So far this year I've read a total of 13 books!  Since my last What's Going On in My Reading Life post, I've read 7 more books which are listed below.
As usual, I have several books that I'm reading at once.  What am I reading?

  • Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson - I only have a few chapters left to read in this classic book.  Amber has already finished it.  I am dragging my heels a bit on this one.  The immense amount of ship-related terminology has been an obstacle to my enjoyment of the book.  
  • Homeschooling High School:  Planning Ahead for College Admission by Jeanne Gowen Dennis - I am still reading this book as my daughter edges closer and closer to full-blown high school at home.  She is taking two high school courses in 8th grade this year so we're both getting our feet wet.
  • Clutter Rehab by Laura Wittman - I am just starting this book and am looking forward to reading more.  I've been very motivated by Laura's 52 Weeks of Organizing Challenge and have been participating each week.
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl - This is our current read-aloud book.  I LOVE this book!
  • Buttercream Bump-Off by Jenn McKinlay - This is the second book in the Cupcake Bakery mystery series.  This is an enjoyable book particularly if you like cozy mysteries and cupcakes.
  • Peace Child by Don Richardson - This is one of the books Amber will be reading for history next year.  I'm trying to get an early start on her history reading for next year as I usually read everything she reads so we can talk about it.  So far, this is a very powerful missionary story.
So, have you read anything great so far this year?  I'm always interested to hear book suggestions!

Photo courtesy of Michelle Meiklejohn at www.freedigitalphotos.net.  

No comments:

Post a Comment