Thursday, March 3, 2011

February Movies


Another month has flown by!  In February, I enjoyed a few wonderful movies but several of the movies that I watched were quite disappointing.  After hearing all of the hub-bub about The Social Network, my teenage daughter and I were both looking forward to seeing it.  While I know it has received great reviews from the critics, my daughter and I just said, "YUCK!"  We felt as if there was nobody to like in the movie and the whole thing just left us with a bad feeling.  Of course, that is just our opinion but that is what these monthly movie posts are about - my opinion on the movies that I have seen!

February Movies
  • Love's Long Journey  **** (I LOVE these movies and highly recommend watching them in order.  They are wholesome family viewing appropriate for older children.) 
  • Love's Enduring Promise ****
  • The Secret of NIMH * (After reading The Rats of NIMH and absolutely loving it, my children and I decided to watch the movie.  What a HUGE disappointment!  The movie is so little like the enchanting book.  We might have liked the movie better if we were not expecting the movie to be like the book.)
  • Left Behind The Movie *** (I'm re-reading this series this year and watching the movies as I read the books.  I adore the books and the movies.)
  • The Social Network **
  • Disney Oceans ***
  • Die Hard *****
  • Drop Dead Diva Season 1  **** (I so enjoyed watching the first season of this show while folding laundry and working on mindless projects!  This is definitely a tv series I will watch again when the second season comes out on DVD.)
So, do you have any movies to recommend this month?  I'm always open to suggestions for good movies!

Photo courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net.  The movie theater image was created by Salvatore Vuono.

No comments:

Post a Comment