Thursday, September 30, 2010

Books and Movies from September

While I finished five books in September, I have a very short list of movies that I saw in September.  While I only saw two movies this past month, they were both EXCELLENT!  My daughter and I both loved Letters to Juliet and Prince of Persia.  My best advice is to grab a box of tissues and watch Letters to Juliet right away if you haven't seen it! 

Books Read in September

  1. Fatally Frosted by Jessica Beck ***
  2. From Bondage to Freedom by Emma Leslie ***  (This was a review item for TOS Crew.  You can read my review of this title and Salem Ridge Press here.)
  3. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain ***
  4. The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan ***
  5. Killer Pizza by Greg Taylor ***
Movies Watched in September
  1. Letters to Juliet *****
  2. Prince of Persia *****
  3. White Collar Season 1  ***
Books I'm Currently Reading (as usual, I have a stack of them and a few are books I still haven't finished from last month)
  1. Apologia Biology by Jay Wile and Marilyn Durnell - I haven't mentioned this book before but I've been reading it since this summer.  I'm trying to stay a few chapters ahead of my daughter.  I am loving this book - it is so different than the dry textbooks that I remember from my high school days!
  2. Mice of the Herring Bone by Tim Davis - This is the current assigned book for Duncan (9) so I'm reading the book as well so we can talk about it.
  3. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne - This is the current assigned book for Amber (13).  I LOVE this book - I can't believe I've never read it until now!
  4. Ravished by a Highlander by Paula Quinn - I think the title says it all.  I freely admit that I adore a good highlander romance.
  5. Already Gone: Why Your Kids Will Quit Church and What You Can Do To Stop It by Ken Hamm & Britt Beemer - My dear friend loaned this book to me and I'm trying to finish it so that I can return it to her. I am more than halfway through the book and have found much of it quite upsetting. Therefore, I only read a chapter at a time and go back to a "pure pleasure" book to lift my spirits.
  6. The Golden Goblet Eloise Jarvis McGraw - I am reading this book to my boys as our current history read-aloud. I am definitely enjoying it more than them.
  7. Time Management from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern - I am almost always reading a nonfiction book about organizing, time management, or homeschooling. I like this one quite a bit. So far, the one piece of advice that has stuck with me the most is that you have to plan what you want to do and WHEN you are going to do it. I'm good with the what, not so good with the when.
So, did you read anything great last month?  Did you see any movies that you would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment