Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Books and Movies from June

The summer is speeding past me filled with activities, swim team practice, swim meets, school prep, and movies!  One of my very favorite things to do is to go the movie theater.  I love seeing movies on the big screen.  In June, I went to the movie theater three times - a record high!  The definite highlight of my movie-going activities was attending the Twilight Trilogy with my teenage daughter!

 
Movies/Educational Videos from June
***The number in parentheses after the title is my rating of the film from 1 to 5 stars.
  • Australia (3)
  • Braving Alaska, National Geographic (5)
  • Bright Star (3)
  • IMAX Hidden Hawaii (1) - Yes, it was very disappointing for an IMAX film.
  • Walt Disney Pixar Short Films Collection (4) - This is a really fun video to rent from the library.  It was amazing to see the visual improvements in the short films over time as they are presented chronologically.
  • Armageddon (4)
  • Ironman 2 (3)
  • When In Rome (3)
  • Invictus (3)
  • Toy Story 3 (5) 
  • Twilight (4)
  • New Moon (4)
  • Eclipse (4) 
Books from June

Well, I watched a lot more movies than the number of books I read this month.  In my defense, Jane Eyre was difficult reading for me and it took me a while to make it through all 400+ pages of the book.  I LOVED it, though.  I was able to finish 3 of the books on my Overcoming the Huge Whole in My Education With a List of Books to Read or Read Again Book List this month so I'm proud of that accomplishment.
  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (5)
  • Call of the Wild by Jack London (3)
  • Oedipus Rex by Sophocles (5)
  • Glazed Murder by Jessica Beck (4)
  • To Tame a Highland Warrior (4)
  • A Place in the Sun by Jill Rubalcaba (3) 

No comments:

Post a Comment