Monday, November 30, 2009

Books and Movies from November

Several of the books that I read in November were read as "homeschool prep" so that I could discuss the book with either Amber or Mason. Mason finally talked me into letting him read a "Goosebumps" book for school so I read the book as well. While it definitely was not a "classic in the making," the book was fast-paced and suspenseful. I now have a better appreciation of why my son enjoys the Goosebumps series so much.

Books from November
  • Penelope and Prince Charming by Jennifer Ashley ****
  • The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner ***
  • Deep Trouble (Goosebumps series) by R. L. Stine ***
  • The Maze Runner by James Dashner ****
  • Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning ****
  • A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens *****

I really watched a LOT of movies in November. I even went to the MOVIE THEATER two times! My daughter and I had several double-feature nights over the Thanksgiving holiday while I worked on laundry and mindless school-prep activities like cutting out lapbook components. I saw some movies that I really liked and some that were disappointing. I also revisited some old favorites which is always a treat.

Movies from November

  • G. I. Joe **
  • Hoodwinked ***
  • Twilight ***
  • Lady in the Water ***
  • New Moon ****
  • Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen **
  • A Christmas Carol ****
  • My Life in Ruins ****
  • 27 Dresses ***
  • Forrest Gump *****
  • Angels and Demons ***
  • The Taking of Pelham 123 **
  • Up *****

No comments:

Post a Comment