Friday, November 27, 2009

Bulk Cooking Day

I recently had a bulk cooking day and I just loved the benefits of my time in the kitchen. I would love to plan a bulk cooking day at least every other week but I rarely have time for an extended period of time in the kitchen. The benefits are so wonderful, though!

First, I boiled 14 eggs in the adorable, perfect little egg cooker my husband purchased for me a few Christmases ago. All of my children love hard cooked eggs and they are a perfect snack for after swim team practice.
Next I seasoned and cooked three pounds of ground beef for taco bar. Yummy! I divided the beef into four separate containers for four taco bar meals.Then I made two quiches. I used some leftover steamed broccoli and cauliflower and ham in them. We ate one right away and I froze the other one.
I also made a double batch of Homestyle Chicken and Noodles in the crockpot. We finished all of that over a few days. This meal is great heated up.
Lastly, I made a double batch of muffins and a loaf of banana bread. I have to admit, they were both from mixes...but still.
I plan to spend another chunk of time in the kitchen and get some more meals made for hectic days ahead. With Christmas around the corner and swim meets almost every week-end, the days ahead will be more busy than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment