Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Help! I’m Homeschooling My High Schooler…and I’m Freaking Out!


Over the years, I have often thought that homeschooling seems quite a bit like running a really long race. For me, once I’m all done homeschooling, it will be a 16 year long race.  The sad part about the race, though, is that when I started on the homeschooling track, I had a LOT of company.  Truly, when my children were all little, it sometimes seemed like everybody I knew was homeschooling.
Then, over the years, there were fewer people running with me.  People stopped homeschooling for various reasons, a few at a time, here and there.  But nothing prepared me for the dramatic drop-off in homeschooling once 9th grade hit.  Around here, it is fairly common to homeschool up to 8th grade and then to send high school age children to a brick and mortar school.
Please join me at The Homeschool Classroom today to read the rest of my article.

No comments:

Post a Comment