Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Celebrating Thankfulness - #101-120

I am so enjoying writing these thankfulness posts this year.  Writing them has made me more aware of so many little things for which I am thankful.  For example, while driving my daughter to morning swim team practice, I repeatedly kept thinking how very thankful I was for dry roads.  Then, I reflected on how thankful I was for the Christian radio station (The Fish) I enjoy listening to and the family-friendly morning show they broadcast six days a week.  Lastly, I felt thankful, once again, for changing swim teams so that practice is closer to our home which means less driving for me.  Consciously focusing on all of the many, many gifts in my life has made me happier and more appreciative of all that God has given me.  I am looking forward to continuing to count the reasons I have to be thankful throughout this year.

101.  My husband gave Valentine's Day roses to our teenage daughter.  Not only was she happy with the flowers, she was happy that my husband remembered that she (Amber) likes roses, whereas I prefer flowers that are reminiscent of wildflowers.
 
102.  My husband gave my favorite kind of flowers to me for Valentine's Day along with a box of chocolates.   I'm just a simple woman - I enjoy flowers and chocolates!
103.  I am thankful for once again celebrating the birthday of my husband and his twin sister.  Even though they are twins, somehow, my husband turned 42 but my sister-in-law remained 39 once again!
104.  Homemade birthday cakes from my much loved mother-in-law.
105.  I am grateful for the excitement of my youngest son about opening his Valentine's Day present.  He repeatedly mentioned to me that "we didn't celebrate Valentine's Day last year" so I made sure that all of our children had a Valentine's Day present.
106.  Going out to lunch at our favorite restaurant, Moe's, for a Valentine's Day treat.
107.  I am so thankful for the energy and creativity of my teen and pre-teen.  They spent over eight hours over the week-end working on this massive art project for their youth group.  They are hoping to win big points for their country, Iceland, in the art contest during the final night of the annual junior high games at the main campus of our church.
108.  My husband and I attended a marriage seminar at the main campus of our church.  We both found the evening to be beneficial and encouraging.  I am most thankful that my husband asked me to go rather than me asking him to go.
109.  Dry roads to drive upon.
110.  The treacherous ice on our drive-way is melting due to the warmer temperatures this week.
111.  My winter coat that fits very well even over big sweaters or sweatshirts.
112.  The family-friendly morning show which is broadcast on our local Christian radio station.
113.  I am thankful that we switched swim teams and are now closer to swim team practice which means less driving for me, which is wonderful since I don't like to drive.
114.  I am thankful that my husband was able to easily fix our dryer thereby avoiding an expensive repair call, or worse the need for a new dryer.
115.  The 50 Book Challenge at my local library which inspires me to read and keep track of my reading.
116.  The two 50 Book Challenge award coffee mugs that I've earned so far for the 2009  and 2010 50 Book Challenge.
117.  Teaching Textbooks curriculum which makes Algebra and other higher level math courses self-teaching courses.
118.  Our DVR which records television shows which we can watch at our convenience.  
120.  My reading glasses.

To read more thankfulness posts, visit Multitudes on Monday at A Holy Experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment