Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Preparing for the Vendor Hall at a Homeschool Convention

The last time I went to a homeschool convention, I was completely overwhelmed in the vendor hall. I wanted to see EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING looked so intriguing. Like many other homeschool moms, I love looking at curriculum and I love books so...letting me loose in a vendor's hall with a credit card can be a dangerous thing! I ended up making many unplanned purchases...some of which I grew to regret.

I will be attending the Midwest Home School Convention later this month in Cincinnati, Ohio. To help me prepare for the conference, I printed out the map of the vendor's hall and the list of vendor's who will be at the conference. Both are available at the conference website. Then, I spent some time really figuring out exactly which vendors I need to visit and which I would like to visit. For example, I know I will be purchasing Rosetta Stone Spanish for my daughter for next year. Visiting Rosetta Stone's booth to see if they are offering any conference deals is high on my list of priorities.

Then, I highlighted the vendors that I will be visiting on my map and wrote the name of the vendor in little letters by the vendor's location. Now, armed with my map, I can make much better use of the limited time I will have in the vendor's hall in between all of the wonderful speakers that I want to hear!


Having a plan for the vendor's hall at the homeschool convention Works for Me! To see what works for others, visit We Are That Family at the following link:

http://www.wearethatfamily.com/2009/03/wfmw-vulcan-grip.html


No comments:

Post a Comment