Monday, October 4, 2010

Tag - I'm It!

My very sweet TOS Crew Leader, April, included me in a fun meme today.  April blogs about homeschooling and family life at ElCloud Homeschool:  Busy Minds, Busy Hands, Busy Feet.  April has been so helpful to me as I've settled in to being a member of the TOS Review Crew.  Without further ado, here are the questions from April and my answers.     

What type of gifts do you prefer to give? Do you prefer home-made, gift certificates, store-bought, etc?

I like to give gifts that show thought and careful consideration of the person.  I have given scrapbook albums and calendars as gifts many times in the past to my mother-in-law and mother so those are handmade.  Other than those, though, I purchase the majority of gifts that I give.  I try really hard to pick a meaningful gift for the person but, sometimes, I do rely on gift certificates for people who are really hard to buy for (like the swim team coach).

What type of gifts do you prefer to receive?

My very favorite gifts are those that show the person really cares about and knows me.  I adore home-made gifts and home-made gift baskets because they show that the person took time and considered me while making the gift.  For example, I have an absolutely stunning Noah's Ark sampler that my sister-in-law cross-stitched on linen for me as a Christmas present years ago.  It's hanging in our living room today.  I also enjoy receiving gift certificates for restaurants because I love to not cook and eat out! 

Do you stock a gift closet, or box, and purchase gifts throughout the year?

I do purchase gifts if I find the perfect present for somebody throughout the year.  I truly don't go shopping very much at all, though, so I usually have to make an effort to purchase gifts.  If I see the perfect gift at Aldi or Target, that's great - but very rare.


What is your favorite type of music? Do you have one?

I enjoy a wide variety of music including, but not limited to; 80's music, current popular music (I've been introduced to lots of new bands from my teen and pre-teen), contemporary Christian music, and traditional hymns.  I also love Christmas music - all of it - I can't wait for the special all-Christmas-music radio station that will soon be on XM radio again!  My very favorite band of all-time, though, is the Talking Heads.

Do you like chick-flicks, or not?

Oh, yes, bring on the tissues.  My daughter enjoys romantic comedies so I watch a lot of them with her.  The best chick-flick I've seen lately was, Letters to Juliet.  I do enjoy a good, therapeutic cry now and again!  I do love watching movies, though, and I watch a wide variety of types of movies.  I'm not strictly a chick-flick girl!

Do you have a hobby? Do you make time for it regularly?

I love reading, blogging, scrapbooking, decorative painting, and sewing.  I only make time for reading and blogging.  Sigh.

What is your favorite thing about where you live? Every place has its pros and cons. What are the “pros” about where you live?

I love where I live.  I grew up here in the house right next door.  My husband grew up in this town as well.  We are blessed to have quite a bit of property so we're fairly secluded and surrounded by woods.  I love our privacy.  But we have the best of both worlds here in that I can be at Target and Aldi in about 5 minutes.  So, while we have privacy where we live, we're not far from the stores where we regularly shop.  My husband is also very close to work which is a huge blessing. 

What is your favorite kids cartoon movie?

That is a difficult question because I have loved many of the Pixar films.  My favorites are Up, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., and Toy Story 3. 

Thank you, April, for including me in this fun meme!

No comments:

Post a Comment