Friday, December 3, 2010

The Nutcracker Ballet

We're definitely enjoying our extended break from school and our regular routine!  Over Thanksgiving week-end, I had the pleasure of taking my daughter, Amber, and her friend to see The Nutcracker.  My mom used to take me to see The Nutcracker year after year while I was growing up.  I've seen it many more times since then but The Nutcracker never fails to put a smile on my face and tears in my eyes for the whole performance. 

We all dressed up for the ballet.  It was such a treat to see my daughter in a dress - she so rarely wears one.  She's so beautiful! 

I wore my new Christmas sweater and felt quite festive!  I feel so short - I think I'm shrinking.  My daughter has grown so tall!
I thought all three of us looked very festive for the ballet.  Both of the girls enjoyed the show tremendously.  My very favorite part is the snowflake dance but all of The Nutcracker is wonderful.  Going to see The Nutcracker always feels like Christmas to me.
If you've seen The Nutcracker, what is your favorite part?

No comments:

Post a Comment