Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sew Bunny Cute

One of my daughter's favorite subjects in school this year is her sewing course.  So far, she has completed three ski hats and two candy-swirl pillows for her course.  We are using Sew Teach Me as our "spine" for our course and we have already starting adding some other sewing projects as my daughter shows interest.

While we were at a local fabric store over the week-end to pick out fabric for her upcoming book bag project, Amber fell in love with an adorable book.  Eager to encourage her new-found interest in sewing, I used my 40% off coupon to purchase this book:

 












As soon as my daughter got home, she raided my husband's sock drawer and after about an hour or so, she had created, completely by herself, this adorable sock bunny.
The next day, the big sock bunny found that he had a new blue friend made from a pair of my socks. 
Her latest creation based on the directions found in "socks appeal" is a tiny little guy who likes to hide out by the sewing machine.  He was made from a pair of Amber's little ankle socks.
Amber is having a great time stitching up these adorable little stuffed creations and is planning to make some Christmas presents based on projects from the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment