Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Easter

While I have a number of posts that I'm working on about unit studies and planning for the new school year, I also like to use my blog as an ongoing photo album of our family events. So, this post is about our small but very enjoyable and relaxing Easter celebration a few weeks ago.

The day before Easter, my mother-in-law and her boyfriend came over and she organized the annual egg hunt for my boys. We ordered in pizza and jo-jo's and played Mexican Train. We had a fun and relaxed evening together just enjoying one another's company over a simple game.

On Easter morning, we attended church and then had an absolutely lovely lunch at Cracker Barrel. We even made it there before the big Easter lunch rush as our church service ended at 10:30. Cracker Barrel is one of our very favorite restaurants and the food and service were good as usual. I even treated myself to blackberry cobbler with ice cream!

When we got home, the children were eager to see what we had put into their Easter baskets this year. Mason was very happy to find a little plastic collectible figurine that he had wanted from E-bay.
Duncan received a Bop-It which he really wanted.
Amber, who is the hardest to buy for, received the Doodle Jump shirt that she wanted so badly. Yes, she enjoys playing Doodle Jump on her i-Pod Touch.
And, of course, they all received a little candy!



No comments:

Post a Comment