Friday, February 26, 2010

Flowers from Aldi

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you were already really behind on Monday? Well, that was my experience this week. I awoke Monday through Wednesday to ungraded schoolwork, unfilled workboxes, and an assignment sheet that needed to be written. The clean laundry has been piled so high waiting to be folded and put away that I'm a little afraid to let my youngest venture forth and retrieve clean underwear, lest an avalanche occur. I have been feeling so far behind that I even had one of my anxious dreams last night. If you've ever had an anxious dream, you know what I'm talking about - if not, well, consider yourself blessed.


In the midst of a busy week where I hav been behind in most things, we still needed to go grocery shopping. My wonderful husband always does our Aldi shopping, which means I only have to go to a different grocery store every few weeks (for those items you just can't purchase at Aldi). The fact that Kevin goes to Aldi and purchases vast quantities of food, in and of itself, elevates him to Scottish Warrior in a Plaid Kilt status in my eyes.


Yesterday, he even surpassed his usual level of wonderfulness. Perhaps sensing my stress level (or perhaps I haven't really tried to hide my stress level) he arrived home from Aldi bearing not only vast quantities of food but flowers from Aldi.

The flowers are beautiful and remind me of just how much I'm blessed to have such a great husband.


I actually prefer these flowers to even a luxurious, expensive delivery of long-stemmed red roses. To me, the flowers symbolize all of the very real ways that my husband, even though is is extremely busy with work, helps keep our home running along smoothly. I am definitely a blessed woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment