Tuesday, December 1, 2009

25 Days of Ornaments - A Clay Pot Angel

The other day my youngest child said, "The Christmas tree makes me happy." When I thought about it, I realized that the Christmas tree makes me happy, too. I love the precious ornaments that I have collected primarily over the past 16 years of my marriage, although I do have some ornaments that date back before my marriage. For me, it's a special treat to see my favorite ornaments each Christmas season.

We always put our Christmas trees (yes, plural) up the week-end after Thanksgiving and we don't take them down until after New Year's Day. We put up one tree in the kitchen and decorate that one solely with homemade ornaments. This tree is so precious to me. The other, much larger tree is displayed in the living room.

Over the next 25 days leading up to and including Christmas, I plan to highlight some of my favorite ornaments throughout the days leading up to Christmas. Today's ornament is the topper for the kitchen Christmas tree - a delightful Clay Pot Angel.

My daughter made this sweet ornaments about 9 years ago when she was attending a 3 morning a week preschool program. The angel was her Christmas gift to me that Christmas. I loved it when she gave it to me and I still love it now.

This ornament is so adorable and is made with just a few materials. For any readers who have young children, this would make a great addition to the Christmas tree or a sweet gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment