Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Why Is There Always a Mean Girl? - New Post at The Homeschool Classroom

The Homeschool Classrom
There were mean girls when I was in school.  I remember the taunts during my elementary years when fashionably-dressed girls asked me, “Where’s the flood?,”due to my too-short definitely-not-hip pants.  I remember comments from high school about my hair, my house, the length of my driveway, my fat arms, my lack of a date for prom, my lack of skill in gym class…the list could go on and on and on.  Perhaps in some ways, even 24 years after high school graduation, the wounds have never fully healed.
Why is there always a mean girl?
I admit it.  One of the reasons that my husband and I chose to homeschool was to avoid the ugly bullying and bad behavior of children towards one another which is not uncommon in most schools.  Sadly, though, we’ve been unable to avoid our daughter being the target of nasty behavior from other girls entirely.
Please join me at The Homeschool Classroom today to read the rest of my article about helping your daughters deal with nasty comments and ugly behavior from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment