Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ten Christmas-Themed Movies I Plan to Watch this Holiday Season

It's almost November!  I love to make my entertainment media Christmas-themed for the holiday season.  I've already started reading my first Christmas-themed novel of the season and plan to start watching Christmas-themed movies soon.  I've been working on making a list of new and old Christmas movies that I plan to watch this holiday season and am hoping to compile a long list from which I can choose over the next two months.  So, grab the hot chocolate and the Christmas cookies!  Snuggle up with a warm quilt!  Get ready to enjoy a movie that will get you in the holiday spirit!

1.  Christmas with the Kranks - I love this movie!  It's very funny and heartwarming at the same time.  I love the scene where Jamie Lee Curtis fights with another lady at the grocery store for the last special holiday ham.   

2.  A Christmas Story - My children won't let a holiday season go by without watching this classic Christmas gem at least once.  If you haven't seen this one, you better or "you'll poke your eye out!"

3.  Gremlins - While this movie may not pop right into your mind when you think of Christmas films, the setting of the movie is a small town at Christmastime.  My teenage daughter loves 80s films so I plan to watch this one with her this year.

4.  The Santa Clause - I adore this film and I even liked Santa Clause 2 quite a bit.  I'm going to make all of my kids watch both of these movies with me this year.  We'll skip the third movie in the series, though.

5.  Elf - Both of my older children have seen Elf and even quote lines from it.  I'm not sure where I was when they were watching it (probably wrapping Christmas presents or something) but this year, I'm definitely going to watch this one with them.
 
6.  It's a Wonderful Life - I've NEVER seen this!  I'm going to rectify this shocking holiday omission this Christmas season. 

7.  The Holiday - I adore this movie!  I plan to watch this sweet romantic comedy with my daughter since she enjoys the romantic comedy genre quite a bit.

8.  The Christmas Lodge - I haven't seen this one yet but last year I watched Thomas Kinkade's A Christmas Cottage and loved it.  I'm expecting a feel-good movie that brings tears to my eyes.
9.  A Christmas Romance - I just purchased this movie from Amazon for $6.99 after I confirmed it's not available to rent from Netflix.  Based on the extremely positive reviews on Amazon, I should really enjoy the movie.

10.  Mrs. Miracle - This one is a new movie for me as well.  I'm looking forward to a heartwarming tear-jerker.  I plan to watch Call Me Mrs. Miracle as well.


I would love to hear about some more great holiday movies to add to my list!  If you have some holiday movies that you enjoy, please leave me a comment with the names of the movies so I can add them to my list.


To read more Top 10 lists from other bloggers, visit Oh Amanda for Top 10 Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment