Thursday, November 5, 2009

States in Sculpey!

We've recently discovered a fun, educational geography game, The Scrambled States of America. The game is based on the book of the same name, Scrambled States of America by Laurie Keller. The game is quick to learn and fun to play. All of my children, from my third grader to my seventh grader enjoy the game. My favorite part of the game is that playing helps to learn the placement of the states in relation to one another.

After playing the game, my extremely artistic son, Mason, was motivated to make Sculpey clay models of each of the states based on the state pictures in the game. The project took him several days to complete but the finished project is fabulous!


All of the states have so much personality! Great job, Mason!

No comments:

Post a Comment