Thursday, July 16, 2009

Organizing My Kitchen Part 4

Yes, I am still organizing our kitchen. My big goal this week is to finish my organizational work in the kitchen by Sunday but we'll see if that happens. The past several days, I have been working on our pantry. We have been blessed with a very large pantry that I absolutely adore. Over time, though, the neat pantry tends to move towards disorder. I took some "before" pictures of our pantry which you can see below.






The pantry project took me several days to complete, working on it a few hours each day. To finish this project, I completed the following steps:

  • I removed everything, section by section, and checked the dates. I threw away any items that were very out of date.
  • I cleaned all of the shelves before putting food back on the shelves.
  • The food was placed back on the shelves by category. This was pretty easy, as the food items were already organized by category.
  • I moved many non-food items to the empty dining room closet.
  • My husband put some nails up for me so that I could hang my aprons out of the way.

Now, our pantry is very neat and organized and it is quite easy for us to see what we have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment