Friday, June 19, 2009

Our Week in Review

This past week was quite busy as usual. We had many commitments outside of our home, birthdays to celebrate, and family visiting from out of town. I have so many projects that I want to get done this summer but I am making progress towards my organizational and school-planning goals.

Saturday, June 13 - Last Saturday, I turned 40 and nobody let me forget it! Duncan had a swim lesson in the morning - he is in a Red Cross Level 4 class. After his lesson, I dropped him off at home so that he could shower quickly before the party and Nana and I picked up his SpongeBob cake at Dairy Queen. We had a delightful time at Duncan's bowling party all afternoon and were surprised when Pap decided to join us. Amber had a friend spend the night and I was able to enjoy a nice visit with her friend's mother when she dropped off her daughter. Amber's friend has 5 younger siblings so it was fun to have some littles visiting our house!

Sunday, June 14 - Sunday was spent here at home for me. My husband took our children and Amber's friend to a nearby outdoor water park for the day. I was alone! I spent much of the day getting a large donation ready for Goodwill. After that, I worked on the weekly payroll for our family business and finished it for the week.

Monday, June 15 - I spent much of the day at our family business taking the grocery order. Nana had the boys for the day and Amber stayed home to sleep-in and work on her novel. (She was so excited to get started on her new creative writing course that she just couldn't wait for the fall. Of course, I'm thrilled by her motivation - let the learning begin!) The evening was filled with swim team practice for both Amber and Mason.

Tuesday, June 16 - Tuesday morning was Amber's first practice out at the long-course pool. I am taking her out to practice there twice a week through the summer. Nana is taking the boys to karate on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that is a huge help. I am very glad that she has the opportunity to practice at a long-course pool but it is a long drive from our house. Happily, it gives us lots of time to listen to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. We have been working our way back through the Harry Potter books - Jim Dale, the narrator, is wonderful!

When I got home, I had to run Mason to the orthodontist. His retainer was no longer staying in his mouth so he needed to get it tightened. Sadly, the retainer was cracked in the back and he needed to get fitted for a new retainer. We will pick it up next week when it is ready.

Since we had to leave at 5:45 am for practice and I didn't sleep well the night before, I was exhausted when I got home. I took an afternoon nap! I haven't done that for quite a long while. Later that day, after dropping Amber off for evening swim team, I went to Steak and Shake to meet family for dinner. My husband's brother and his family from Colorado flew in for the week.

Wednesday, June 17 - We spent the day visiting with family here. The boys and their cousins played dart tag most of the day in the basement and the adults and Amber just chatted. The evening brought swim team for Amber and Mason.

Thursday, June 18 - After morning swim team practice for Amber, I spent the rest of the day getting caught up on laundry. I can happily report that there is no mountain of laundry waiting to be folded. I am also happy to report that, given the trapped time for me at the long-course pool on T/H mornings, I am making great headway towards planning our first history unit of the school year on Ancient Greece.

Friday, June 19 - Today I will be spending the day at Amber's swim meet. The meet is a prelim/finals format so I will be spending the entire day at her meet. I don't mind, though, she is so beautiful in the water - it is a treat to watch her swim. I'll be bringing a bag of reading, though - there's a lot of time in between her events!

That's our week in review!

No comments:

Post a Comment