Monday, July 25, 2011

Keeping Hands Busy and Minds Engaged During Read-Alouds - New Post Up At The Homeschool Classroom


Homeschooling mothers sometimes find it difficult for their children to sit still during read-alouds.  My advice is to just quit trying!  Now, I don’t advocate giving up read-alouds, but I do recommend giving up on making children sit still during read-aloud sessions!

I have antsy hands. My children do too, especially my boys. It is hard for any of us to just sit and listen to somebody read or even to just sit and watch an educational video. Regardless, I utilize read-alouds and educational videos regularly as part of our school day.
How do I balance antsy hands with my desire to include read-alouds and educational videos in our school days?
Please join me at The Homeschool Classroom to read my ideas for hands-on activities to do during read-alouds and share your own great ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment