Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Preparing to Homeschool Through High School

As every parent knows, time flies by – we blink and our toddler turns into a teenager.When I first started homeschooling over 8 years ago, the response from friends and family was mixed, which I expected.  I was definitely surprised by the number of people who asked me, “But what about high school?”
My running joke was, “Well, I think I’m going to teach my daughter to read and do basic math first!”
Now my oldest child is 14 and will be in 9th grade in the fall!  I have no witty comeback when people ask me what we are doing about high school.  In addition to dealing with the comments, criticisms, and concerns of others this year; I’ve had to deal with my own insecurities, questions, and generalized angst about entering the homeschool years with a high schooler...

To read the rest of the article, please join me today at The Homeschool Classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment