Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Movies Watched in April and May


By far, the very best movie that I have seen over the past two months was Rio.  My teenage daughter and I both absolutely adored Rio!  We laughed, we cried, and we enjoyed the music of the movie tremendously.  I highly recommend this family-friendly film!

April
May
  • Pride and Prejudice  *****  While I've seen this movie several times before, my daughter watched it with me for the first time.  She was captivated by the film and it was the perfect movie to watch after reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
  • Thor  ****
  • The Green Hornet  ****
  • True Blood Season 1  ***  I have VERY mixed feelings about the True Blood series.  While I absolutely adore the books by Charlaine Harris and enjoy seeing some of her characters translated to the screen, the interpretation of the books is, for the most part, FAR more R-rated than the books.
  • Morning Glory  ****  This film caught me by surprise.  My daughter picked it out and I was expecting a mediocre romantic comedy but it was excellent.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides  ***  My daughter definitely enjoyed this movie more than I did.  It was entertaining but that's it.  I didn't think the plot was nearly as strong as in the first two movies.
  • Rio  *****  As mentioned at the beginning of this post, I highly recommend this wonderful family-friendly film!
Have you seen any good movies lately?  I'm always on the look-out for great movies to watch!

Photo courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net.  The movie theater image was created by Salvatore Vuono.

No comments:

Post a Comment