Sunday, May 3, 2009

Books and Movies from April

I am continuing on with the 50 Book Challenge from my local library - I am now up to 26 books! I am really enjoying my renewed commitment to reading - both for information and pure delight! Here are the books that I read in April:

  • Run For Your Life by James Patterson - ***
  • Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes - **** (I read this because it will be an assigned book for my daughter during our American Revolution unit next school year. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. The historical references were well-done and interesting and the character development was excellent.)
  • Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon - ***
  • Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon - ***

I managed to watch quite a few movies in April - many on the treadmill! Here are the movies I watched in April.

  • The Core - ***
  • The Notebook - ****
  • Sweet Land - ****
  • Stranger Than Fiction - ***
  • Signs - ****
  • Highlander 3: The Final Dimension - ***
  • Earth - ****
  • Elektra - *
  • The Changeling - *** (This movie was excellent but it was incredibly disturbing.)
  • The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice - ***

No comments:

Post a Comment